For this project, we will be working as a class to design and deliver an Art Hack event as part of the Asheville Mini Maker Faire that is coming to campus.
The event will take place on Saturday April 6, 2019 (12pm-3pm tentatively) with a showcase that extends later in the day. Please plan accordingly
The class will be broken up into collaborative groups under the following topics:
Marketing and Promotion
- Create Website, flyers, hand-outs to promote event
- Social media
- Work with Prof. to market through University channels
- Recruitment/Selection Process
- Contacting participants before event with detailed information
- Nametags, Welcoming participants to the event
- Welcoming publics to showcase event
- Managing publics when they visit the hack
- Determine what materials will be used
- Pre-cutting, soldering materials, organizing data-sets
- How materials will be displayed and explained to participants
- Keeping tabs on materials during and after the event
- Helping people to work with the materials during event
Organization of the Day
- This team leads on the running of the event on the day.
- How will the day move through the phases?
- What kind of inspirational content will help participants to be motivated?
- Making signs to lead through the phases
- Showing video content or bringing in a speaker to start the day
- Announcing to participants what is happening when
- Working with Prof. to organize the other 420 students to help on the day
* See shared Google Doc for More info *
- Collaboration, reliability.
- Consideration and follow through of your key tasks.
- Planning, organization.
- Delivery of the event.