For this project, we will be working as a class to design and deliver an Art Hack event in Craft Studios as part of UNCA Arts Fest.
The event will take place on April 7, 2017 from 9am - 5:30pm.
The class will be broken up into collaborative groups under the following topics:
Marketing and Promotion
- Create Website, flyers, hand-outs to promote event
- Social media
- Work with Prof. to market through University channels
- Recruitment/Selection Process
- Contacting participants before event with detailed information
- Nametags, Welcoming participants to the event
- Welcoming publics to showcase event
- Managing publics when they visit the hack
- Determine what materials will be used
- Pre-cutting, soldering materials, organizing data-sets
- How materials will be displayed and explained to participants
- Keeping tabs on materials during and after the event
- Helping people to work with the materials during event
Organization of the Day
- This team leads on the running of the event on the day.
- How will the day move through the phases?
- What kind of inspirational content will help participants to be motivated?
- Making signs to lead through the phases
- Showing video content or bringing in a speaker to start the day
- Announcing to participants what is happening when
- Working with Prof. to organize the other 420 students to help on the day
* See shared Google Doc for More info *
- Collaboration, reliability.
- Consideration and follow through of your key tasks.
- Planning, organization.
- Delivery of the event.