Create a website that contains 6-8 pages (or fewer long scroll pages) and that uses any combination of text, images, video, and audio.
The site may be very literal or more surreal and abstract. It may be either artistic or commercial in nature.
- Create at least 3 designs for your site on paper and/or in Photoshop. Create a site map and wireframes. Begin to collect color schemes and imagery that you will use on your site.
Test the layout and navigation throughout the design and build process.
Your site should have the following properties:
- We will conduct individual meetings to discuss your site plan and designs. Sign up for these in class.
Submit this project by the deadline on the nm server under public_html in a folder called 'final_project'. The first page of your site should be titled 'index.html'.
- It should consist of 6-8 html pages (or fewer long scroll pages).
- The pages should have a link structure in the form of a menu or other navigation strategy that allows a visitor to travel through and access the content.
- All imagery used must be original (ie: created by you either photographically or on paper).
- It should consider both functionality and design.
- It must work across browsers and on media of various sizes.
Ideas for inspiration:
- This site could build upon and extend a previous project created in this class.
- Mapping of Place (geography, city, interior space, exterior space).
- Inclusion of drawings, video, audio, or photographic imagery.
- Creative use of materials: scanned paper, fabrics, cut paper, textures,
- Tactical Media.
- Use of gif animations.
- Climate change themed project.
- The presenation of the site could be accompanied by a performance or site-specific installation.
- Inspiration from Xtine Burroughs' 'Net Works' Exercises.
- Meets the criteria in the Instructions section.
- Well planned.
- Creativity and design, including concept and use of color, font, layout.
- Functionality including responsivity and interactivity/viewer experience.