- After visiting the Mini Moogseum with our class, design a tiny museum of your own with three components:
You will need to choose a theme for your museum and photograph/obtain (non-copyrighted) imagery to use for your project. See the "Suggestions" section below for some possible ideas for the theme.
Your site design and glass installation design may be executed in any format you choose (Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya Powerpoint Presentation, etc.). The key to these is that they are submitted as a professional presentation of the work as if to a client.
Your interactive kiosk application should start with a main page with a menu of 4-5 options showing what is available to view on the site. These will link to a series of 4 pages that contain the content for this museum. On each of these pages, there should be a menu to get to the other pages and/or to go to the home page to continue navigating the kiosk.
Your kiosk application should be approachable, easy to navigate, and provide an interactive experience for visitors. At the same time, it should convey new information while being engaging and aesthetically rich.
Your kiosk application will be for a standard ipad screen, so it should be created at 1024 wide. We can test your applications in class on an ipad and you can also text them here: https://www.responsinator.com
Your initial project idea is due on Wednesday 8/31 ON MOODLE as a 6-8 sentence paragraph describing your project. Submit the final project on the New Media Server by the deadline (further instructions for this will be given in class).
- An interactive kiosk for a tablet experience, complete with rich content and navigation for users to find out more about your museums' topic.
- A design for a printed, transparent piece of glass that will be installed in the tiny museum space.
- A design/vision board for where this tiny museum will be installed
- Meets the criteria in the Instructions section.
- Creativity and originality.
- Planning and functionality.
- Execution of the design through color, typography, images, layout.
- Attention to detail, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of the use of html, css, navigation, screen sizes.